Saturday, March 14, 2009

Shocklines Films 3/28 -- Short Horror Film Night

Shocklines is putting on a film festival that looks damned good. When they asked me if they could film my short story "The Ugly File" I thought they were kidding. I couldn't see how they could pull it off. But Rick Hautala wrote a fine script and Mark Streensland sent me some stills from the filming and they look stunning in a sad and haunting way. But the most interesting of the films for me is Eater by Pete Crowther--truly one of the scariest short novels I've ever read. It actually gave me nightmares for a few nights. Location, date, times--you'll find links at the bottom of this notice.

Shocklines Films 3/28 -- Short Horror Film Night (Joe Hill, Ed Gorman, Peter Crowther, more)
Lead [-]


Posts: 30849
(03/13/09 21:55:08)
Administrator
Reply Quote More
I'm really excited about this. It wasn't easy to put together, but we've got a night in NYC of short horror films, including:

Pop Art, written and directed by Amanda Boyle, based on the short story by New York Times bestseller Joe Hill. Winner of the the audience award for narrative short at the Austin Film Festival.

Treevenge, directed by Jason Eisener and produced by Rob Cotterill. Winner of the audience award at the New York City Horror Film Fest, and the audience award at the Fantasia Film Festival.

Eater, written and directed by Matt Duffer and Ross Duffer, based on the short story by Peter Crowther.

Abraham's Boys written and directed by Dorothy Street, based on the short story by New York Times bestseller Joe Hill.

Side Effect, written and directed by Liz Adams. Winner of Best Screenplay award at the Chicago Horror Film Festival and Best Short.

The Ugly File, written by Rick Hautala, directed by Mark Steensland, based on the short story by Ed Gorman. U.S. Premiere!

Storm, written by Ron McGillvray, directed by Jeff Radbourne.

I hope anyone in the NYC area can make it. This should be a blast, and who knows when you'll have another chance to see most of these!

http://www.shocklinesfilms.com (or http://shocklinesfilms.com/shortfilms.html for more detailed information on each film).

2 comments:

Dave Zeltserman said...

Ed, congrats! Damn, I wish I could get to NY for this.

Anonymous said...

Ed, where can I find and read Peter Crowther's Eater?
If it gave you nightmares I just gotta have it.

John Hocking